Crewe Station ‘A’ Box was located between the ‘Down Platform 1 and the Down through line 1, at Crewe Railway station. ‘A’ Box was built by the London and North Western Railway, it is basically a ‘Type 5’ with a flat roof to fit under the stations canopy. It was opened in February 1907. On 2nd June 1985 the Signal Box was decommissioned and removed as part of the modernisation project for Crewe. In 1987 the box was moved to The Crewe Heritage Centre.